You probably already agree that tacos are one of the best foods around. With simple, tasty and affordable ingredients, the options are endless when it comes to creating the perfect taco. There is no denying that tacos are one of Mexico’s greatest inventions. You don’t even need a plate to eat as the handy tortilla is the perfect base to hold a variety of delicious fillings. DId you know that some of the best tasting and cheapest tacos in Mexico can be found at inexpensive street taco vendors? Read below about our top 3 Mexican taco selections that you should try, and we also have included a simple fish taco recipe for you to make back at home.
Taco #1: Carne Asada
Our first choice for the best tacos is a traditional Carne Asada taco. Carne asada tacos are made with beef that is usually grilled or sauteed, then seasonings and spices are added such as cumin, salt and pepper. This taco is absolutely delicious just like that, but feel free to add additional toppings such as chopped cilantro, fresh onions, or maybe even some spicy homemade salsa to kick it up a notch. Want to really indulge and treat yourself? Request cheese melted to be added to the top of the taco for a satisfying combo you won’t regret.
Taco#2: Al Pastor
Our 2nd choice for a great taco are Al Pastor Tacos which are a very popular Mexican taco made with shredded pork. The pork is marinated and seasoned similar to shawarma spit-grilled meat from the Middle East, then thinly shredded on top of a corn tortilla. Enjoy as is or add fresh cilantro, onions, and juicy fresh pineapple slices for a sweet and savory blend you will adore. Finish off with hot and spicy salsa, or add cool and creamy avocado salsa if you want a more mild sauce.
Taco #3: Fish Tacos
Our 3rd choice for the best tacos are fish tacos that originated in Baja California. Today, fish tacos are enjoyed in Mexico and throughout the entire world. The fish can be either grilled or battered, and the most popular fish taco toppings include lettuce, tomatoes, cabbage, and salsas. Try topping with a chipotle cream sauce and squeezing fresh lime juice onto the fish taco to add a tangy flavor that will be a guaranteed home run.
Tell us, which of these top 3 Mexican tacos is your favorite? Test out the below fish taco recipe when you return home as it is a super easy recipe that the whole family will enjoy.
Quick Fish Taco Recipe:
- Take Yellowtail or Mahi Mahi fish and cut it into chunks, then sautée the fish with just a few drops of olive oil in a pan. You can add garlic to the mixture if you choose.
- Add salt, pepper, and lime juice and season the fish.
- Warm corn tortillas in a pan on medium heat, then flip tortilla to warm both sides evenly.
- Fish Taco Toppings: Fresh lettuce, tomatoes, cabbage, onion, cilantro, and carrots.
Creamy Chipotle Sauce
- To top your fish taco and add some pizazz, try our homemade creamy chipotle sauce. Simply take a few tablespoons of mayonnaise and add diced canned chipotle peppers and mix together. This simple creamy chipotle sauce is perfect for fish tacos.
The next time you are in Mexico, make sure to try as many tacos as you can, and then let us know which taco was your favorite. Provecho!